Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Philosophical mumbo jumbo

The first week of school was uninteresting. Like how it usually goes down, we didn't do much aside from getting our registration form signed. Besides me and my friends going to the mall every after class for three consecutive days, there really isn't much that I can tell you. Actually, there's just one thing: I love my Art Appreciation class.

In today's lecture, we were introduced to how art began as a form of human expression as my professor discussed the times of The Middle Ages up until the transition to the Renaissance period. I won't be discussing that here but if you're interested, all I can say is Google's your best friend, honey. (Sorry, I'm lazy like that.) So anyway, our prof asked us these questions as she went on the discussion; questions like, "Who are you?" and "Why are you here?" Sure, those are as basic as basic questions can get but if you really think about it, those are the questions that are hardest to answer. I was seated in my chair itching to recite but I had all these different ideas clashing in my head that by the time I put them together logically, my professor has moved on to another subject. She ended the class by reminding us to really think about our lives. Like, really. It's kind of scary for me when I think about it. (And I'm quite sure I'm not alone on this.) I mean, life in general is already a big complexity in itself, but with all the other bullcrap going on around in the world that may affect how we live in any way they might makes things a little extra harder, sometimes, far too extra.

Anyway, having all that philosophical talk inspired me to read Jostein Gaarder's Sophie's World again. I can only remember bits and pieces from the book because I didn't read it continuously. Hopefully this time I'll have the willpower and enough inspiration to finish reading it at a regular pace. :)


Oh, during our first back-to-school trip to the mall, I bought a new book:


I'm not sure if I want to read it before the movie comes out or not. Maybe after reading Sophie's World I shall proceed with this one. I want to buy more books!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment