Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Extended Christmas weekend

It feels so good to be back in front of my computer!!! I've missed being online! It's crazy (in a very good way) how my Christmas went. It started last Thursday (23rd) when my dad, my brother & I picked up my other brother from the airport and then we headed to my mom's office for a Christmas party. The next day was already Christmas eve so we were busy then preparing for the Noche Buena. Then it was Christmas day when the clock struck 12. We talked, ate, and laughed as we opened our presents. Mama got a new camera, Papa, a digital stereo for the car, and I got a new phone!

The morning after, we decided to go watch "Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote" at SM North and I must say, that could easily be one of the few times I have seen such a huge crowd and have been a part of it. We actually ended up watching the movie two times because when we entered the theater there were literally no more place to go and so we weren't able to watch properly. There was even a man who got so irritated that he just decided to give his seat to me and walked out. Bless him. Anyway, so that was how we spent Christmas. It doesn't stop there, though.

Yesterday, we went home to Binangonan for a dinner get-together with my mom's friends. I was saying how I think I'm already sick of the sight of food but I was wrong. It's pretty much different when food is just right in front of you looking oh so delectable. So there I was that night, after having eaten so many, pondering on whether my pants would still fit me after the holidays. I guess I'm gonna find out sooner rather than later...

It's always fun spending time with my mom while she's with her friends, who are all like aunts to me and my brothers. It's nice to think about how in the future I will be in that situation hanging out with my high school friends at 50 or at 60. But another thing made me happy that night (aside from my mom winning the raffle, hehe). It was when some of her old classmates, who haven't seen me until then, were saying how much I look like Mama. I don't know why but it makes me all tingly inside when they say that they can see my mom in me in her teenage years, just as I am today. So that was what happened yesterday.

So now, finally, I can talk about today. I was supposed to bring my phone at a Nokia Care Center today but that didn't happen so I just went shoe shopping. Papa went with me to the mall and then we had lunch. Afterwards, we headed to Makati because I needed to claim my prizes from a contest I won courtesy of etc. I love the stuff they gave away!!! I'd post pictures but I'm too lazy, I apologize. The prizes were a Glee poster, t-shirt & notebook, a Vampire Diaries poster, t-shirt, journal (which I really like because it even has photos of Paul, Nina and Ian!) & neck pillow. It was definitely worth traveling far for, haha.

And now we go back to me sitting here and just enjoying some internet time. There's simply no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment