Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

American Idol Live! Tour 2012

I am so glad I was able to catch the AI Live! Tour last Friday at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum. It was a really great way to end the work week! Incidentally, I had been in a sing-song mood the whole week and the only time I was able to let it all out was at the show. It was so fun!! All the Idol Top 10 finalists were really amazing!

Highlights of the show for me (in order of appearance):


Skylar Laine & Hollie Cavanagh doing Undo It. Carrie Underwood must be proud! (The video doesn't do the performance justice, really.)


Rumor Has It by Elise Testone! She was a little bit scratchy on show night but she still managed to give a really great performance! Loved her whole set.


Of course, there's Jessica Sanchez! Her whole set, too, was really amazing! Girl's truly in her own zone when she's performing and I love it! My favorite song she did was How Come You Don't Call Me, I was freaking out the whole time that my dad was the one getting embarrassed for my being so loud hahahaha!


Proud Mary!!



At this point of the show I really lost it! Joshua has been one of my favorites ever since the beginning of their Idol season and I was just blown away by his performance of It's a Man's Man's Man's World!


Last but definitely not the least was Phillip Phillips' set. He and Elise sang their duet of Somebody That I Used To Know and it was still so pretty to me even though they were both a little scratchy, it kinda added to the performance value hehe.  

He also sang Usher's U Got It Bad but darn it, I can't find a video! The song was very fitted to his sexy, scratchy voice that night.


His winning song - now the OST to the new Clint Eastwood movie, "Trouble with the Curve" - Home...

I surely had an amazing time at the show! It felt really nice to be able to have that feeling of being a part of something big again, like singing along to a concert with tens of thousands of people. Personally, nothing beats that energy and that feeling of unity for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment