Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Not your typical vampire story

Get smitten, not bitten.

That's the tagline for that vampire show The Vampire Diaries, which first season I just finished watching. You have no idea how crazy the finale was, well, not unless you also watched it, which makes you cooler than Mike Posner. Anyway. As I was saying, the freaking finale was so freaking intense and totally unexpected that so many "oh my god's" have escaped my mouth in like less than a minute's time. That intense. I mean, really, it literally left my mouth hanging open.

Damon Salvatore, Elena Gilbert, Stefan Salvatore

I've started doing a marathon of season one a week ago, if I remember correctly. I didn't jump on the bandwagon until it was on local TV. (Because normally for me, I would simply download torrents of the shows I watch and when TVD was just starting, I already had Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill & Chuck piled up on my download list once a week so I never bothered starting to watch it.) So I caught the pilot episode on TV and because yes, I got smitten, I pledged to myself that I would tune in everytime it's on. But then the next week, when my alarm for it went off and I turned the TV on, I was surprised to see that the episode was kind of far from where the pilot ended. I found out the cable channel was doing a marathon of the season in time for the premiere of the second one. That's when I decided to just download the episodes and watch in my own leisure time, which lead me to this open-mouthed reaction, eventually. (Yes, I am still utterly shocked at how good the finale was.)

Sometimes, I just shake my head at myself for being so into these things that I get so overly dramatic with what happens in the show. My dad actually overheard me talking so he was asking what I was saying and who I was talking to only to find out, when he came into my room, that I was watching something on my laptop. He even said that I was being "maarte," which I think I earned. HAHAHAHA.

Anyway, I just cannot wait for the next season which premieres next week!!!! I'm kind of glad that I only decided to watch it now because I didn't have to wait too long for the next season, which I did and am still doing for every other show that I watch. But there are only 2 or 3 weeks left anyway, so I think I'm good.

IRL: Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder

If you haven't started watching The Vampire Diaries yet, I suggest you start now while you can still catch up with the episodes easily. I promise you, you will definitely enjoy every minute of it. Before I say anything else, I just want to clear up that I'm a fan of Twilight. But to be perfectly honest, it is much better than that. Vampires in Mystic Falls don't sparkle, no offense to Edward Cullen. And it definitely has more depth in the storyline which makes it really gripping. Lastly, you are so not going to regret watching it because you get to see not one but two hot vampires (Paul Wesley & Ian Somerhalder!). I know, right? It's so awesome!

P.S. First rule about vampires? Don't believe anything you read! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment