Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Say It Like You Eat It!

Eat, Pray, LoveEat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is everything I thought it would be and more. I definitely picked up some good advice from Liz that I can apply in my personal life. I love how she has a natural sense of humor that definitely came across in some parts of the book that I caught myself literally laughing out loud at her witty banters. Eat, Pray, Love definitely has that balance between pleasure and spirituality. Thumbs up!



View all my reviews

A few of my favorite quotes from the book:

"Tis' better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else's perfectly."

"When you're lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you've just wandered off the path, that you'll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and its time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don't even know from which direction the sun rises anymore."

 "Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it."

"This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something."

2 comments:

  1. Same tayo ng rating sa book! :) You know what's surprising, pinaka least liked ko yung Love part! lol. I'm usually a hopeless romatic who loves romantic novels, pero with this book, mas nagustuhan ko yun Eat, then yun Pray. Tas Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I liked Italy & India more than Indonesia but if there's one thing I loved the most about Indonesia, it was Ketut! He was so cute and so awesome even in the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete