Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

That wonderful feeling

I get amused easily, whether it's because of something I see, hear or even taste. But usually, the amusement only lasts for a short while. There are things, though, that are able to make me very excited. Things that I get so excited about that I end up thinking about them half to almost the whole day. These are the simple things like finally watching that movie I've been waiting to see or opening a new book.


Yesterday, I finally started reading To Kill a Mockingbird. It has been sitting on my bookshelf for more than a month after purchase. Opening a new book after what seemed like forever gave me that wonderful feeling of excitement. I was looking forward to getting lost in it. Moreover, I was looking forward to how much I will like my new read.

Now that it's summer, I'm hoping I can scratch-off at least half of the titles from my to-read list. Although I'm going to have my OJT, I want to make time for reading books. I'll probably spend most of my weekends in front of a book instead of the computer. I think that would be nice.

Going to a bookstore and buying new books gives me that giddy feeling as well. When I'm at a bookstore surrounded by all these shelves of books it's as if I'm a kid at a candy store. I went to Booksale last Thursday and acquired a few new reads.

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen and Just Checking 
(Scenes From the Life of an Obsessive-Compulsive) by Emily Colas

I actually have this 2011 Reading Challenge I signed up on over at Goodreads. I've already read 2 books (going on 3) toward my goal of 12 books. I know it's only a small number but I didn't want to set a goal that I wouldn't be able to achieve. I've decided that every year that I accomplish this challenge, I will up the stakes, maybe by three or five books each new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment