Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Bookstore Chronicles

I'm sure I've told you more than once before how much I love spending my time at Booksale, whether buying or just browsing books and/or magazines. Today I was able to buy two Rihanna magazine covers (Vogue and Cosmo). I picked up a couple of books as well but decided against buying them since I still have several books left untouched on my bookshelf. I didn't really feel bad walking out of the store without them, though, since I had in my hands what I wanted. (I've been waiting for Rihanna's Vogue cover for months now, and finding her Cosmo issue was just a bonus - I don't really read Cosmo but because Rihanna's face was on the cover, I just had to buy it.)

It was a good purchase, actually, the Vogue mag. I first grabbed a copy that was priced at P165 but then I found another copy that was cheaper, the tag said P95 only, that's P70 off! You just have to be patient to go through all of the magazines and you might just score a pretty nice deal like I did. And that goes for the books, too!

Some other thing made me feel bad about another purchase, though. Weeks ago, I bought "The Mermaid Chair" (Sue Monk Kidd) at Booksale for P115. And today, there was a stall selling buy one-take one books for only P99. Guess what book I found sitting on one of the shelves? Yes, The Mermaid Chair. And what bothered me was that I could've gotten "The Inheritance of Loss" (it was on the buy one-take one shelf as well) with it as well for less than what I had paid for at Booksale. Oh, well.

What's the lesson here? It's simple: Good things come to those who wait. And I believe it applies to more important matters, too, so just keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment