Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flammel



A couple days ago, I started reading the first book from the Nicholas Flammel series, The Alchemyst. I knew I had to get back into reading once my semester break started so I borrowed these babies from my classmate. I know, I know, I still have more than a couple books on my shelf waiting to be read but I really wanted to get into the world of magic again so I immediately started with this.

And boy, it has been like a roller coaster ride from the moment I turned the first page. I'm already just 4 or 5 chapters away from the end and I can say that it can get exhausting reading the book continuously. And I'm not just saying exhausting for the eyes, no, I mean, it can really make you feel tired from all the action that goes on in the pages of the book. Another classmate of mine who has already read the book actually told me that I might not want to read the book non-stop, but I just can't help myself!

More than half of the book happens in just one day so all the things that happen are really fast-paced. See, I love that about novels, because it makes them all the more interesting since I find myself wondering how things would really turn out in the end considering that things happen in just a short amount of time. Like right now, I'm already looking forward to what events are going to happen in the second book, The Magician, even though I'm still not through with the first one. It's simply all too exciting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment