Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

No, you didn't have to cut me off



I found out about this song from one of my friends who shared it with me maybe several days before it sort of got its commercial success. I'm actually really curious about how or why this song suddenly became so well-known since it's an old track, the music video was uploaded on YouTube on July 5, 2011. I don't usually listen to this kind of music but I do appreciate it, it's actually a really good song. And there's just something about the first line of the chorus that hits close to home...

But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger
And that feels so rough

No, you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records
And then change your number
Guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

No comments:

Post a Comment