Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sara Bareilles

I have a couple songs for today's Music Monday featuring the lovely and very talented Sara Bareilles. *cue applause*

Yesterday, I let myself explore YouTube for new songs since I noticed I haven't really been listening to new stuff lately. I think the newest thing I've listened to is Taylor Swift's "Eyes Open" from The Hunger Games soundtrack, but that was like 2-3 weeks ago. Oh, and also, new music featured on last week's episode of SMASH, but that deserves another blog post for its own soundtrack that's going to released soon (yay!).

Anyway, I stumbled upon this wonderful song by Jon McLaughlin that featured Sara so I didn't hesitate watching the video.


This was the first time I've heard Jon McLaughlin after having fallen in love quite some time ago with his song for the movie Enchanted called "So Close." And after hearing "Summer Is Over," my only conclusion was that he and Sara Bareilles should make more music together! If and when they do so, I feel like the world is gonna be a much better place. Hehe.

Yes, that's how much I love Sara Bareilles. Everytime I listen to her songs (the non-depressing ones, of course, meaning not "Gravity," but sometimes listening to it still makes me smile just because of how good she sings), I get instant good vibes. Her music is definitely one of my go-to picker-uppers. :)


This other song called "Let The Rain" is my new favorite one from her. It's not actually new (if we're being technical) since it came from Sara's 2010 album release "Kaleidoscope Hearts."

I wish I were pretty
I wish I were brave
If I owned this city
Then I'd make it behave
And if I were fearless
Then I'd speak my truth
And the world would hear this
That's what I wish, I'd do, yeah  
I wanna darken in the skies
Open the flood gates up
I wanna change my mind
I wanna be enough
I want the water in my eyes
I wanna cry until the end of time
I wanna let the rain come down
Make a brand new ground
Let the rain come down tonight

Just listen to her utter those words. Doesn't it just inspire you? When talking about writing the song, she says: "This song is about my most profound fears and was ultimately the tool that helped me move past them. Sometimes we have to brave the rain to get to the sun."

No comments:

Post a Comment