Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Long weekend

Before the weekend I had ideas on how I'll spend the extended break from work. I thought I'd call up my girlfriends to hang out since we haven't seen each other in a while but sadly, I didn't get to push through with it because I got sick and had to stay in and rest all day.

So, instead, I decided to start reading "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" because I felt I needed a distraction from the sickly feeling I was, um, feeling. And I'm glad to say I'm feeling a bit better now (albeit still coughing a lot) and I finished the book!

I've been wanting to read "Perks" for a really, really long time and I'm glad I finally did. There's this line early in the book that struck me the most - "You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand." When Patrick said that about Charlie, I felt like he was saying it to me, because that's what I see myself doing most of the time. I don't think I ever heard someone I know say that about me, though. I don't think they notice. Except now, that is if they read my blog.

Now, I'm really excited for the movie!

But going back to books, I just wanted to share the current status of my 2012 Goodreads Reading Challenge:


I'm more than halfway through it, reading 9 out of 15 so far! Yay! I'm hoping to get some more reading done (still on my currently-reading list is "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin) tomorrow after running some errands (i.e. getting my external HD checked, going to my facial appointment).

I just hope I can get rid of this cough soon enough! I don't want to come in at work on Wednesday being all gross coughing all over the place. (Sorry for the mental picture.)

Love always,
Mayee

No comments:

Post a Comment