Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunshine after the rain

So it's been several days since Metro Manila and nearby provinces had been hit by the Southwest Monsoon ("Hanging Habagat") that brought on floods that caused a lot of devastation especially in those hard-hit areas. I myself wasn't able to go to work from Tuesday to Thursday because, coming from Sampaloc and going to Eastwood, the main thoroughfares that I would be passing through were heavily flooded.

Alas, on Friday, the sun was already shining and I was finally able to go back to work. While on my way to Cubao (this was the first time I went out of the house since the floods), I realized that when you see the sun finally shining after having a few gloomy days (which, to be honest, is quite an understatement in our case), you can't help but firmly believe that there's always a silver lining... That God hasn't forsaken us, that the devastation we have survived from was merely a test of true faith.

I just wish I had taken a photo of when the sunlight made me smile that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment