Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Books are our friends

Hi. It's been a while. I've just been so busy with school what with the final term almost coming to a close (yay!!!). It's actually my finals week next week and TBH, I'm quite excited. Not for my exams but excited for the three-week break that comes after. :)

I've already started making plans about what to do during my sembreak and one of them is spend the day at Booksale. I just miss spending time with books! I'm actually currently reading Jane Eyre, Sophie's World (again) & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (again, of course). From that you can tell that I need new friends to keep me company. And by friends I mean, yes, those with spine uncracked and pages clean and crisp.

My future house will have a staircase/bookshelf like this.

I didn't start enjoying reading until I was in high school and there were those things called book reports. Mitch Albom got me started with his beautiful, moving novel Tuesdays With Morrie. And then came Nicholas Sparks (whom I actually first encountered with A Walk To Remember) and Paulo Coelho and even Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl). But before high school, I was already very much into the Harry Potter series. But of course, that was only one thing. So there I was, a newly instated bookworm in training.

And right now the bookworm inside me is finding its way to the surface...

I just found this fantastic Tumblr blog called prettybooks and it has such pretty photos and quotes and some nice recommendations as well. Browsing through its pages just made me want to run around the metro and visit every bookstore I could find and rob them of books I want to read. Oh, if only I could really do that... But hey, a bookworm can dream, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment