Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Survival Instinct

I still can't get over how good the movie 127 Hours (from the Academy Award-winning director Danny Boyle who gave us Slumdog Millionaire) was. I still can't get over how great James Franco was in it. And I still can't get over how the story really happened to someone in real life. Needless to say, I'm pretty much still stuck there at that place and at that moment, with my arm trapped by a boulder.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, meet Aron Ralston. This was his story.

"There is no force on Earth more powerful than the will to live."

I couldn't even begin to imagine how I would survive if I were to be in that position (which, I hope, in God's name, wouldn't ever happen to me). In order to be freed, Aron had to amputate his upper right arm. It was fully documented in the film with Franco's amazing performance. But as amazing as it was, I just couldn't bear to really watch it since it really was bloody (I apologize for that mental image). After that whole scene though, you pretty much get over the cutting-off-the-arm thing since you kind of get a high from Aron finally being free of that boulder after, well, 127 hours.

It is such a wonderful film that's definitely worthy of the accolades it's already gotten and hopefully, will soon receive in the future. James Franco really gave an award-winning performance. If it isn't obvious yet, this movie gets a two thumbs up!!

Watch the trailer below:

No comments:

Post a Comment