Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Decade of Smallville

"And that was the day the boy turned into Superman"

I just witnessed the very epic series finale of Smallville and I gotta say... actually, I don't have anything else to say, except that it really was EPIC in all proportions. I bow down to the show - the producers, the directors, the actors, and everyone involved in it. Such an amazing, wonderful thing has finally come to an end.

I can't believe that was 10 years of my life I spent obsessing over the show. I blame my brothers. I was only still in elementary, I remember, when two of my brothers would do a marathon of the show and then I would end up watching with them and so I got hooked. We would sit on the couch and eat lunch in front of the TV because we wanted to finish one season in just one sitting. It's funny how I'm thinking now, how come I didn't have anyone to freak out with regarding Smallville? But then I realized that that was because I considered the show, and the liking of Superman in general, to be a family thing. It was internal, in a way. Just this morning my dad asked me whether I am already watching the last season of the show. And moments ago he heard me kind of screaming and he asked me why and then I said I was watching the finale and he was like, "Ah finale na ba yan?" And then he simply went about his own way. He's so understanding of me regarding things like this. Hahaha.

Anyway, the things that happened in the two-part finale is still kind of sinking in and as I'm typing these words my mind is still like, "OH MY GOD WHAT JUST HAPPENED OH MY GOD AMAZING OH MY." Everything that I hoped for came to be. It was even more perfect than I expected it to be. Clark finally embracing his destiny after the trials that he has been through and successfully overcame was truly inspiring. The show has taught me a lot in the last decade that it's been in my life. One thing I loved from the finale came from Clark's wedding vows to Lois. It said: "When you believe in someone, it's not for a minute, or just for now, it's forever."

Tom Welling, you will always be Superman to me!

Thank you, Smallville, for the 10 years worth of being SUPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment